All dFab equipment is taught through coursework. Students must take coursework that teaches equpment prior to accessing the laser cutters.
Our Laser Cutting Machines
Universal -- PLS 6.75
Universal Power Settings
Bed Size: 18in x 32in
Printer Name: PLS6.75
New User Config Settings:
It's important that your material is flat! Start out with something under 1/8 inch thick.
- Cardboard, chipboard, mat board or any other paper product
- Plywood, and solid wood (more plys = harder to cut)
- Masonite (has a lot of glue and is difficult to cut over 1/4 inch)
- Cotton Fabrics
- Acrylic Sheet (Plexiglas) - paper backing can be left on, plastic backing must be removed
- Mirror (mirrored acrylic sheet is OK if the mirror is face down)